Opening up thinking about education today for tomorrow - Imagining possibilities and solutions

Monday, January 26, 2009

Creativity, Innovation and Learning

Late last year I was contacted by a consulting company who has been commissioned by the European Commission to identify a list of Good Practice for Fostering Creativity and Innovation in all sectors of society within EC countries.

This project has been commissioned as part of 2009 European Year of Creativity and Innovation.

Despite being located in Australia, they had come across my "extensive work on learning and innovation" (their words), and thought that I might be able to help them identify practices that I may have come across in the EU.


They are seeking practices and projects targeted at:


  • Stimulating innovative/creative behaviour in people, and


  • Promoting an innovative/creative approach to tackle problems in society.

I think they would probably be aware of the work of the places I visited on my Churchill Fellowship but I put forward some recommendations.


What captured my imagination though was the focus on creativity and innovation. It sounds much more promising than the Australian Government's Education Revloution.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails