Upon getting home I opened up my email to find an email from Futurelab, a UK non-profit organisation that explores innovation in education. The email indicated that in January 2008 Futurelab conducted a workshop in which particpants explored personalising learning and school design.
CARTOON PASTED FROM <http://flux.futurelab.org.uk/>
The workshop explored
- The biggest barriers
- Principles of personalisation
- Technologies and future learning opportunities
- Student voice
- Generated a set of outcomes of the workshop.
The summary document of the workshop, Learning spaces and personalisation workshop outcomes, makes for an interesting read.
Further information about this workshop can be found at the Themes section on learning spaces http://www.futurelab.org.uk/themes/learning_spaces at Futurelab.
Futurelab has also produced a more comprehensive report on learning spaces, Opening education: What if … re-imagining learning spaces.
In addition, the blog FLUX is running a themed week this week (9-16 May 2008) on Learning Spaces. Entries include:
- Tomorrow's schools more than just learning spaces
- Personalising space and school redesign
- A 'practical tool' for redesigning learning spaces?